.post-body img { width: 700px!important; height: auto!important; }

Monday, May 26, 2014

Work In Progress


Its been a journey arriving at the realization that I want to specialize in PORTRAITS. When I was doing my "100 paintings from one painting a day" exercise, I started off with painting still lifes, then moved onto fresh fruit, then tried shoes (coz I had alot of them lying around), then clothes and one day - just out of running out of subject matter I tried drawing a face and had an AHA moment ! With portraits there is no margin for error - you either get it right or wrong. And that is what I like about doing portraits (probably also explains why I don't like doing landscapes).

So ever since I have been doing portraits only. I tried my hand at full body and half body but nothing compares to the pure joy from drawing a close up face.

Here is a piece I am working on currently, its taking longer than my usual sketches simply because I took a two month break and its taking a while to get back into the zone. Will post finished piece shortly.



No comments: