.post-body img { width: 700px!important; height: auto!important; }

Monday, January 10, 2011

Wow...it's 2 0 1 1 ...

My X'mas break went on for a little longer than I expected but I am backkkkk !!
Happy New Year everyone....do hope you had a wonderful start to this year...it feels promising and hopeful and new!! I hope you get to try out everything you wanted to...and more!

Just completed this portrait on hardboard using a stippling technique which allowed the blending of colors to have a smoother finish than if I was just brushing it on....don't ask me where or how I know this because I really do not know how I ended up doing it this way. I tried it.....it worked and so I continued stippling for the entire face. Ooh I do love painting portraits....such a challenge...so much detail yet so much form....I would be quite happy just doing portraits all my life.

No comments: