.post-body img { width: 700px!important; height: auto!important; }

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lace Me Up

I was sitting at the easel contemplating what to paint when my older daughter suggested I paint my shoes since I have so many (!! not!!) so I took her advice and got out the grey pumps. Its a pair I haven't worn yet as I find the heel too high. I absolutely enjoyed painting the shoes....it was a good day....had all the creative juices flowing and got the shadows inside the left shoe right and all the highlights. This has led me to do a whole series called 'In my closet' and soon to follow are some more paintings of my shoes, the girls winter coats, D's  cowboy boots.....and much more.

Oil on Hardboard - 8 x 8 inches
Title: Lace Me Up
Click on the image to view it in a sample of frames

Frames and mats shown here are for display purposes only. Painting is sold unmatted and unframed

No comments: